This page lists volumes containing fiction by Arthur Ransome, other than the twelve Swallows and Amazons novels. The list includes collections of stories and folktales, a romantic novel an allegorical story and the script for a school play. In each case the date shown is that of first UK publication.
Titles in bold are currently in print in the UK, by the publishers shown. All are on sale to the public, except for Amazon Publications, which are only sold to members of The Arthur Ransome Society.
Please click on the individual book titles for further information, or go back to Books by Arthur Ransome.
Books published during Arthur Ransome’s lifetime:
- Highways and Byways in Fairyland (1906)
- The Hoofmarks of the Fawn (1911)
- The Elixir of Life (1915)
- Old Peter’s Russian Tales (1916) (Jane Nissen)
- Aladdin and his Wonderful Lamp (1919)
- The Soldier and Death (1920)
Books published after his death:
- The War of the Birds and the Beasts and Other Russian Tales (1984)
- Coots in the North and Other Stories (1988) (see list for Swallows and Amazons Series)
- The Blue Treacle (1993)
- Aladdin and His Lamp (1997)