We believe that it is in everyone’s interests that we adopt, maintain and demonstrate high standards in all aspects of our fundraising.
To that end we recognize the benefits of membership of the Fundraising Standards Board’s (FRSB’s) self-regulatory scheme. We are committed to conducting all our fundraising activities in an honest, accountable, transparent, open, legal and fair manner, including adherence to the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Practice, and to the FRSB’s Fundraising Promise.
Fundraising Standards Board Membership
The Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) is the self-regulatory membership body for charities fundraising in the UK.
Membership of the FRSB is open to all fundraising organisations. Members agree to adhere to the highest standards of good practice in fundraising, as defined by the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Fundraising Practice, and also to the FRSB’s Fundraising Promise.
We demonstrate membership of the FRSB scheme by using the scheme’s tick logo on our fundraising materials.
Our Fundraising Promise is a commitment made by the Trust to you. It is based on six key pledges that centre on honesty, accountability and transparency, and which ensure that all our fundraising activities are open, legal and fair.
The Fundraising Promise
We Are Committed to High Standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Codes and with this Promise
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment
We Are Honest and Open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs
We Are Clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment
We Are Respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so
We Are Fair and Reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption
We Are Accountable
If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We have a complaints procedure. If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Standards Board to make a final adjudication.